9.18.2013

John

Growing up with an artist as a father has a few advantages. For one, my childhood included quite a bit of traveling in our hippie van across the continent to see art and experience life. More on that later, but another great advantage of having artistic parents, is growing up around their very talented friends. My dads closest friend John Blair is not only the kindest and most hilarious man I know, but also one of the most talented jewellery designers. Growing up (and still to this day, since I am a very spoiled special only child) my dad made sure to always do artist trades with John to score my mom and I some of the most beautiful jewellery around.

John finally has a website and I wanted to share with you some of my favourite pieces from the site on here, but you can check out the rest at www.johnblairdesign.com.

John Blair - Pendants

John Blair - Earrings

John Blair - Pendants

John Blair - Necklace

John Blair - Bracelet

John Blair - Ring

John Blair - Bangles

John Blair - Bracelet

John Blair - Pendants

This July I was also lucky enough to receive a very special ring, from a pretty great guy, to add to my collection. (p.s. I am engaged!)

All photos are from johnblairdesign.com and either taken by John Dean or Ric Kokotovich
You can purchase John's work at Rubaiyat in Calgary & Michael Dean in Granvile Island.

1 comment:

  1. I too, have many special JB pieces from my very special guy, RK...who also photographed John's jewellery for him. And yes, they probably did a trade :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave Charlotte a comment about this story - she would love to hear from you!